About the Company:
We are a long-established HVAC company with a large customer base across the UK. Having experienced a good growth rate prior to COVID, we need to strengthen our team to build a positive forward strategy again.
We are a design led and cost-conscious company, working hard to deliver an unmatched personal service to all of our clients. We aim to provide a progressive, rewarding, and cohesive atmosphere for employees which fosters respect of the trust customers, suppliers, and employees place in us.
About the Job:
|HVAC Estimator / Surveyor
|Giles Hope – Sales Manager
|£45-£55k DOE + car allowance
|Place of Work
|Hours of Work
|Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:00
|28 days paid entitlement
|Company bonus scheme, company pensions scheme and Free Parking
We are currently looking for an experienced HVAC estimator and design engineer, to work alongside our sales team, covering estimating, interpretation of consultant specifications, the design of HVAC & plumbing systems and the completion of technical submissions including heat load calculations, CAD drawings and associated surveying of sites to facilitate accurate proposals being produced.
You will be responsible for the efficient and accurate organisation, processing, and timely completion of enquiries. As well as using your technical design understanding to ensure proposals are accurately and
competitively produced, the design element of the role will include completing technical submissions, carrying out CAD drawings and designing HVAC systems.
The role is likely to involve speaking with customers to get further information on projects and/or discuss the technical aspects of the estimate & designs and completion of site survey visits. You will also be required to liaise with clients and consultants with regards to designs, drawings, and technical submissions as part of the design role.
We would welcome new ideas and strategies that will improve the efficiency of our estimating team. There will be opportunities for training and development relevant to the role and the opportunity to develop to a senior estimator, designer and surveyor will be made available.
To be clear, we currently outsource our HVAC consultancy. The successful applicant would help us begin the process of bringing these services in-house and move the business to the next level in terms of market position against our competition.
You will be part of a smaller team which will give you the opportunity to develop your role and the department over time by becoming an integral part of the progression of the business. Such progress would be rewarded accordingly and opportunities to progress to more senior levels in line with demonstrated credentials.
Top three goals:
- Manage any new enquiry from qualifying through to quoting to free up sales so they can focus on closing deals.
- Quote projects in a timely and professional manner giving the salesperson every chance of winning the job by maintaining effective pricing.
- Build strong and reliable relationships with key suppliers and internal departments (Project Mangers & Sales) to enable long term growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange site surveys with clients and book these in via individual diaries.
- Send out quote requests and chase supplier quotes.
- Research new suppliers and agree discount structures/pricing agreements.
- Keep suppliers updated with project status and feedback on their quotes.
- Set up all new enquiry folders following a download from the Sales Engineer.
- Ensure all documents are filed in the correct folders.
- Ensure all data available is inputted into the relevant documents.
- Ensure all quote documents are set up with project names, client address, logo etc.
- Contact clients to clarify aspects of each project.
- Carry out proposed HVAC layout drawings on AutoCAD.
- Carry out as-built HVAC layout drawings on AutoCAD.
- Compile and submit accurate technical submissions for design and build; consultant-led projects.
- Carry out heat load calculations as required on design and build; consultant-led projects.
- Calculate and draw HVAC schematics on design and build; consultant-led projects.
- Carry out designs from scratch for mechanical projects.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quotations sent on time.
- Competitive pricing resulting in successful bids for projects.
- Accuracy of quotations.
- Accuracy of drawings.
- Accuracy of calculations.
- Accuracy of technical submissions.
- Healthy relationships to key industry figures.
- Timely submission of all documents.
- Accurate knowledge of market price fluctuation including raw materials.
- Full driving license, preferably clean.
- Successful proven experience within a similar role, estimating for projects worth up to £1m.
- The proven ability to practically understand mechanical engineering processes.
- Experience working with relevant quoting and product systems.
- HVAC design
- Evidence of working on several projects simultaneously in and delivering them all on time and to the expected standard.
- AutoCAD capability.
- Accurate and organised with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to review specifications intelligently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shows initiative.
- Have a target-driven approach to achieving and exceeding personal targets and those of your team as a whole.
- The ability to communicate and engage with people across the team.
- The ability to communicate and engage with customers where necessary.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Strong accountability skills.
- Exceptional listening and questioning skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Great analytical and Microsoft Office (incl. Advanced Excel) skills.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box.
- An ability to work with and explain complex technical drawings in a clear straightforward manner.
The ideal candidate will be steady paced and consistent, have the desire to see projects through, and have a keen interest in the technical complexities of the role. They will be able to produce original ideas and gain a lot of satisfaction from the creative side of the role and possess the ability to visualise things, which will enable them to recognise the details and intricacies to improve results.
They will have a logical, mature, and formal approach to any task, and the ideal candidate will be self-disciplined, composed, and calm, which results in exceptionally high standards of themselves. While slightly introverted the ideal candidate will not mind working in teams or being part of a group although they’ll also be very comfortable working on their own.