About the Company:
We are a long-established HVAC company with a large customer base across the UK. Having experienced a good growth rate prior to COVID, we need to strengthen our team to build a positive forward strategy again.
We are a design led and cost-conscious company, working hard to deliver an unmatched personal service to all of our clients. We aim to provide a progressive, rewarding, and cohesive atmosphere for employees which fosters respect of the trust customers, suppliers, and employees place in us.
About the Job
|Estimator / Surveyor
|Giles Hope – Sales Manager
|Place of Work
|Hours of Work
|Monday – Friday: 08:30 – 17:00
|28 days paid entitlement
|Company bonus scheme, company pensions scheme and Free Parking
We are currently looking for an estimator to work alongside our sales team, covering estimating and interpretation of consultant specifications, regarding HVAC & plumbing systems. Some experience in the construction industry is preferable, and CAD experience is also preferable, but not prerequisite.
You will be responsible for the efficient and accurate organisation, processing, and timely completion of enquiries. As you progress in the role you will be trained in the estimating aspect, and also in the completion of technical submissions including calculations and surveying of sites to facilitate accurate proposals being produced. The role is likely to involve speaking with customers to get further information on projects and/or discuss the technical aspects of the estimate & designs and completion of site survey visits.
As you progress into the role, you will also be required to liaise with clients and consultants with regards to designs, drawings, and technical submissions as part of the design role. We would welcome new ideas and strategies that will improve the efficiency of our estimating team. There will be opportunities for training and development relevant to the role and the opportunity to develop to a senior estimator, designer and surveyor will be made available.
We currently outsource our HVAC consultancy. As you progress, you would help us begin the process of bringing these services in house and move the business to the next level in terms of market position against our competition.
You will be part of a smaller team which will give you the opportunity to develop your role and the department over time by becoming an integral part of the progression of the business. Such progress would be rewarded accordingly and opportunities to progress to more senior levels in line with demonstrated credentials.
Top three goals:
- Manage any new enquiry from qualifying through to quoting to free up sales so they can focus on closing deals.
- Quote projects in a timely and professional manner giving the salesperson every chance of winning the job by maintaining effective pricing.
- Build strong and reliable relationships with key suppliers and internal departments (Project Mangers & Sales) to enable long term growth,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange site surveys with clients and book these in via individual diaries.
- Send out quote requests and chase supplier quotes.
- You will be responsible for identifying potential supplier sources, negotiating favourable supplier agreements, and managing supplier and vendor contracts.
- Keep suppliers updated with project status and feedback on their quotes.
- Set up all new enquiry folders once enquiries are assigned to you.
- Ensure all data available is inputted into the relevant documents.
- Ensure all quote documents are set up with project names, client address, logo etc.
- Contact clients to clarify aspects of each project.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quotations sent on time.
- Value engineering options included
- Full driving license, preferably clean.
- Successful proven experience in an estimating role within the construction industry.
- The aptitude to practically understand building structures and mechanical systems.
- Evidence of working on several projects simultaneously, delivering them all on time and to the expected standard.
- A can do attitude which will persevere under pressure and act in the best interest of the customer and the company.
- Willingness to learn and proactively buy into the company’s processes and culture.
- Accurate and organised with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to review specifications intelligently. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to communicate and engage with people across the team.
- The ability to communicate and engage with customers where necessary.
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Great analytical and Microsoft Office (incl. Advanced Excel) skills
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- An ability to work with explain complex technical drawings in a clear straight forward manner.
The ideal candidate will be steady-paced and consistent, have a desire to see projects through and a keen interest in the “how and why” questions. They have a genuine curiosity about them and a creative mind which allows them to visualise things, but also the technical skills to put an idea on paper.
They will have a logical, mature, approach to any task, and be self-disciplined, composed and calm, which result in exceptional high standards of themselves. While slightly introverted the ideal candidate will not mind working in teams or being part of a group although they’ll also be very comfortable working on their own.