About the Company:
We are a long-established HVAC company with a large customer base across the UK. Having
experienced a good growth rate prior to COVID, we need to strengthen our team to build a positive
forward strategy again.
We are a customer focussed and cost-conscious company, working hard to deliver unmatched
personal service to all of our clients. We aim to provide a progressive, rewarding, and cohesive
atmosphere for employees which fosters respect of the trust customers, suppliers, and employees
place in us.
About the Job:
|HVAC Project Manager
|Greg Thomas – Project Team Leader
|£40,000-£50,000 DOE + car allowance
|Place of Work
|Coventry office with the option to work remotely after probation
|Hours of Work
|Monday – Friday: 08:00 – 17:00
|28 days paid entitlement
We are currently looking for an experienced HVAC Projects Manager to work alongside our existing
projects delivery team, covering all aspects of operational delivery and financial responsibility of
projects from initial handover from sales to completion of O&M manuals and handover to After Sales
You will be responsible for efficient and timely planning and execution of all stages of project delivery.
The primary objective will always be to deliver to the brief agreed with the client, on time and within
budget; including consistently reliable client liaison, programming and procurement of all labour,
equipment, materials. Periodic on-site quality of work overview and management of all health &
safety consideration and timely, accurate weekly management reporting of all projects are also key.
You’ll be working within a fast-paced team and will be handling up to 15 projects at one time, with a
value of up to £0.5M, so effective prioritization & communication skills are key. There’s also
administrative support within the team to provide you with support.
Top three goals
- Build strong relationships with repeat clients and valued subcontractors and suppliers that
means they want to work with Aura again and again.
- Efficient, profitable management of all projects consistently within client timeframes and
- Elevate the Aura Projects Management team with increased best practices and constant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Surveying the job on site after order as required, and quantifying materials to be ordered.
- Liaise with sales team on the design for the job, take on design responsibility from sales team,
including possibly attending a pre contract meeting.
- Raising purchase orders for the required materials.
- Ensure robust communications plans are in place for both the client and internally to ensure
everyone is kept informed.
- Raising risk and method statements and any other health and safety documentation required
by the client.
- Management of the installation including the use of any subcontractors.
- Deal with reactive client queries.
- Ensure O&Ms are assembled at end of job.
- Instructing / communications of invoicing and variations to the client and relevant parties.
- Attend site and office projects meeting and report on current status of projects.
- Provide & update reporting on project progression and key data to management.
- Hand-over of information to the after-sales team.
- Any other tasks required to ensure the project is completed on time and budget.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Project timeframes achieved.
- Projects delivered within budget.
- Engineers sufficiently supported.
- Work completed to the expected standard.
- Client queries deal with in agreed timeframes.
- Project Management related qualifications, such as Prince2, preferred.
- H&S training such as SMSTS.
- Full driving license, preferably clean.
- HVAC / Building Services technical ONC or HNC would be beneficial
- Successful proven experience within a similar role, managing for projects worth up to £0.5m.
- The proven ability to practically understand HVAC design fundamentals.
- Evidence of working on several projects simultaneously in and delivering them all on time and to
the expected standard.
- Evidence of proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Experience working in a construction environment as a minimum, with a CSCS or SKILLcard ideal
but not essential.
- Evidence of knowledge in either Engineering, Mechanical or Controls.
- Accurate and organised with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to review specifications intelligently.
- Fantastic communication skills (verbal & written) when dealing with various parties.
- Shows initiative.
- A good team player
- Strong accountability skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Ability to manage conflicting/multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude
- Basic Microsoft Office (incl. Excel) skills
- Exceptional commercial awareness
- Innate business acumen
- Ability to understand technical issues
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box.
- An ability to explain complex information in a clear straight forward manner
- Great numerical and analytical skills
The ideal candidate will be determined to succeed even in the face of large challenges and will work
in a logical and methodical way to achieve this. You will enjoy the leadership aspect of the role and
have a clear well thought out vision of what the desired outcome is and approach tasks with a
balanced view enabling you to see both the pros and cons.
You’ll be able to take rational decisions but also be able to follow the norms of the group when
required. Self-development and self-improvement will be incredibly important to you, to the extent
you will prefer things to be neat, tidy and always organised but above all you’ll have a great
attention to detail.